I happened to talk to a blog friend Kavita the other day. We were talking about the kind of readers we used to have, the kind of posts we used to write, the comments we posted, the number of readers we had, common connections and such else. And the most interesting of all was of course the bloggers around us. I remember writing many posts on people - their various traits, habits, characteristics, uniqueness and so on.
Remembering those posts, the idea of writing the one on bloggers struck me. I have been around here for more than three years now, and I have come across many types of bloggers. Not that I am an expert here, but still, you can call me an observant. Apart from being a personal blogger, travel blogger, food blogger, fashion and lifestyle blogger, tech blogger; there are other things that make some bloggers quite unique.
1. "Oh I am so great" types: These people blog about their lifestyle, comforts, awesome travels, their smartness and intelligence and such things. In short, my types. I boast a lot. Each post has some show off about me or things I own or places I visit. And I know a few who do that too. Their regular readers would even know what brand DSLR they use and how awesomely they capture the shots better than anyone around blogsphere. So, these people are too conceited and they love to flaunt. They may/may not be arrogant, but they do boast about every single amazing possession on the blog.
2. Faltu Philosophers: Ah it's fun to read them. They can change your mood in an instant. They can make you sad from being extremely happy and happy if you were suicidal. They are so much confused about positivity and negativity and what really helps them. They are positively pessimistic if you know what I mean. They can write endless about life, it's problems, depression, love and still not get bored of their own philosophies. God bless you if such a character is your friend and you have to read him/her.
3. Pseudo Gyaani: They are similar to philosophers, but they write posts in brief, leave it open ended and then discuss it in comment box. Baal ki khaal nikalna koi inse sikhe. They literally do the postmortem of the topic. When you read the last comment there, rather last few lines of the comment as each comment there would be of two pages, you will realize that the discussion going on in the comment box is nowhere close to what the post is all about!
4. Feminists: No I have nothing for or against them. but I come across so many abala naris around here. Some blog under pseudonym - I have written about that already - and they still take the shit. Some fake their stand, while some copy others' material to make oneself sound profound, sensible and knowledgeable. Write about sensitive issues, blog about them, spread awareness, but it has to be honest and original. Don't steal or lie to gain readers and sympathy. Demotivating the suffering ones is the last thing you should be doing as victims read such stuff to take motivation and guidance.
5. Rant Specialists: That'd be me again. I rant a lot on my blog. About everything and about nothing. I see many people do the same. Rant away, but be interesting there too or don't crib about readers and followers. And rant in brief if you want to be read. And try to make it slightly humorous. I can write one whole post on how to write rant post and how to make it interesting.
That's all from now. After this post, I sound like one pseudo gyaani too who knows a LOT about blogging and bloggers! Do you have any other categories of bloggers to share apart from the regular ones and the ones featured here? Do share it.
I seem to be none of the above... what am I?ReplyDelete
Tu Nautanki hai!Delete
Interesting observations Neha :) :) Surely you should be a pseudo gnani to observe all this and categorize :D :DReplyDelete
Liked the post!!! I think I am coming in the first category.. :)
:) Thank you.Delete
Smiles :)Was expecting this post ,yehi bol ke phone rakha that na tumne,"chalo yaar blogger pe ek post likhte hun."ReplyDelete
Blogger is a wonderful, wonderful world and I can't imagine my life without it.
haha, yeah, yehi bol ke phone rakha tha. I am not too happy with this post though. I could have done a lot better if I had some patience :PDelete
Neha, havent you covered most of the catagories.ReplyDelete
But,I blog on any subject as it comes to my mind.It can be as serious as the tiff bewteen Army chief and the Govt or as silly as writing about CID(Sony)
I think it is mood based for me.
One cant take away the fact that visits and comments on blogs have reduced over the last a year or so.
Yeah I agree about the reduced number in comments and visits. But it had to happen one day :)Delete
lol, now that was fun to read. but you've put me in an identity crisis here yaar! [not that i want to be labelled, yet!]. where do i belong? you could do a sequel on this post and write on the other species available too!ReplyDelete
No sequel to this post. and I am sure you wouldn't want to feature here.Delete
Super Like!! Wonderful post... brought a smile! I know, I fall in 2 of the listed categories!! God!! :D :))ReplyDelete
hahahaha, two categories? Then we are equally hopeless :DDelete
Where me the fits? :PReplyDelete
I basically write pseudo...as someone else or something unreal (not lies, but imaginations!)!
Good blogger related gyaani post ;) :P
A lot of effort and thought has been put in to make these categories. Some category may still be there.
Jack, Not much of effort was put in to write this one. I have read a lot of blogs :)Delete
Hahaha, I guess I am "Faltu"ReplyDelete
You be the best judge of yourself.Delete
Do you remember how much we sized up each and every blogger then? Hahahaha unbelievable!ReplyDelete
hahahaha, yeah, how can I forget that? :DDelete
ah... You missed some. There are copy pasters. There are techies and there are pro bloggers...ReplyDelete